LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (August 28, 2013) Microsoft has updated MS13-061 to reoffer 2874216 update for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 1 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 2.
- This security update resolves three publicly disclosed vulnerabilities in Microsoft Exchange Server. The vulnerabilities exist in the WebReady Document Viewing and Data Loss Prevention features of Microsoft Exchange Server. The vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution in the security context of the transcoding service on the Exchange server if a user previews a specially crafted file using Outlook Web App (OWA). The transcoding service in Exchange that is used for WebReady Document Viewing uses the credentials of the LocalService account. The Data Loss Prevention feature hosts code that could allow remote code execution in the security context of the Filtering Management service if a specially crafted message is received by the Exchange server. The Filtering Management service in Exchange uses the credentials of the LocalService account. The LocalService account has minimum privileges on the local system and presents anonymous credentials on the network.
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/Bulletin/MS13-061.mspx
- Vulnerability ID – MS13-061v2
- Vulnerability ID – MS13-061
(Added the replacement information. This vulnerability definition will remain available until September 11, 2013, after that date it will be removed.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2013 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.