LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (October 11, 2013) Microsoft has released KB2817625. Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2013. This update provides the latest fixes for the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of PowerPoint 2013 and Office Home and Student 2013 RT. Additionally, this update contains stability and performance improvements. This update fixes the following issues:
- Assume that you open a PowerPoint Presentation by using the 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2013. In the Sorter View mode, the slide thumbnails that contain image are not displayed correctly. A red X is displayed instead.
- Assume that the computer has Windows 8 installed and connect two monitors (Primary and Extend mode). You change the dots per inch (DPI) setting of the primary minor in Windows to 200. The DPI setting of the primary minor remains at 100 percent. You play the PowerPoint 2013 Slide Show in the Extend monitor. In this situation, texts in the slides scale automatically. However, the text becomes pixelated.
- Assume that you change the DPI setting of the Windows to 200 percent or a larger value. In PowerPoint 2013, the Animation icons in Slide Sorter view mode in PowerPoint 2013 are not displayed correctly.
- Microsoft Office 2013 application tiles are not display clearly in the Windows 8.1 Start menu.
- When you change the DPI setting in Windows to 200 percent or a larger value, titles and content placeholders in PowerPoint 2013 are not displayed correctly.
- When you change the DPI setting in Windows to 200 percent or a higher value, themes in PowerPoint 2013 are not displayed correctly.
- Assume that you run the PowerPoint 2013 in a touch-enabled device. In Slider Show mode, when you tap the screen, the Slide Show goes to the next slide. The expected situation is that when you tap the screen, PowerPoint 2013 remains on the current slide and displays the Slide Show toolbar.
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817625
- Vulnerability ID – 2817625
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2013 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.