LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (November 15, 2013) Microsoft has released KB2889784 which is an update rollup for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012. Issues that this update fixes:
- 2851144 Computer loses track of LUNs after a path failover occurs between storage controllers in Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- 2894418 Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012-based client computers switch back and forth between the old and new service versions during a Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or Windows Store service migration
- 2894513 USB 3.0 hub is indefinitely powered on and then off after a device causes an overcurrent condition in Windows 8
- 2894527 Warning messages when you try to open gpedit.msc or secpol.msc in the Japanese version of Windows Embedded 8 Standard
- 2870467 Memory leak in Oleaut32.dll on a Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012-based COM server
- 2892932 Plug and Play Manager stops working when you resume a computer from sleep mode in Windows
- 2891709 Windows Store video or camera apps freeze after you reopen the lid of a Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, or Windows RT 8.1-based laptop
- 2896650 Issues when a physical disk encounters an error in a Windows Server 2012-based environment
- 2897097 Data loss occurs when a Windows Server 2012-based computer that has the data deduplication feature enabled crashes
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2889784
- Vulnerability ID – 2889784_MSU
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2013 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Iformation in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com.