LANDesk Security and Patch News
- (November 15, 2013) Microsoft has released KB2908279 which fixes an issue in which the pointer of a mouse stutters or freezes when you play certain games in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
There are certain other issues in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 that have similar symptoms to the issue that is described in this article. To fix these issues, go to to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- 2907016 Mouse input in some games is incorrectly scaled on high-DPI devices
- 2907018 Button clicks for internal touchpads and pointing sticks are not responsive while or shortly after the keyboard is used
For a list of games that are known to encounter this issue, see the "Games that the update applies to" section.
This issue occurs because Windows 8.1 introduced changes to mouse input processing for low latency interaction scenarios. Therefore, games respond to mouse inputs differently in Windows 8.1 than in previous versions of Windows.
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279
- Vulnerability ID – 2908279_MSU
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2013 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.