You are unable to install LANDesk AV for some unknown reason. You have also found that while running the AV install in a interactive way using the following command line that the installer indicates that a bit of software is incompatible with the AV and the software highlighted is vital for your environment and cannot be uninstalled.
Vulscan.exe /installav /interactive
The installer in its default state will not install the AV product if a incompatible bit of software is detected, and is unable to uninstall it. This will stop the process, and prevent the AV installing at all
Here are two articles highlighting the list of incompatible software:
For LDMS 9.5 with Service Pack 1 and newer:
This list is ever expanding as we are finding more and more software that stops the installer from working as designed.
There is a workaround for this. It is recommended that you uninstall any previous LDMS agent and any AV software on the machine as this will affect the AV installation.
It is suggested to create a separate self-contained agent for this process in order to control which machines you install the configured AV on and not affect your entire network, which can create issues later on.
In this workaround it is suggested that you perform these actions when no agent updates are being pushed out or updated. This is to prevent the agents installing without the incapability check outside of your control.
Steps to create the Self-Contained Exe to install AV on machines with incompatible software
1. Navigate to the location of the files that we are going to change:
The files we are changing are :
2. Create a backup of the files before making any changes
3. Open up the Kes10win.kud file in notepad for editing
This is the file before the changes
4. Find the [Setup] block and modify the Params option as follows:
Params=/s /pAKINSTALL=1 /pEULA=1 /pKSN=0 /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 /pSKIPPRODUCTUNINSTALL=1
5. Rebuild all the agents for the changes to take effect in all the agents with the AV component checked
6. Create a self-contained executable with a name to highlight that the exe will install the AV without the incapability check, for future reference
7. Now the self-contained agent is created, we now need to revert the changes to the AV installation so no other agent deployments are effected. First delete the configured files and rename the backups to reset the AV setup back to default
8. Changes reverted, back to default
9. Now rebuild all agents again for the defaults to be reinserted into the agent installations