TelnetCE 7.x and later
- How do I create a key macro?
- How do I find the hex value of a button on the keyboard? Finding the hex values for device keys
In addition to the information below, it would be worth it to check out the Key Macro Generator: Key Macro Generator
- On Device, open Telnet
- Click ALT + D to open diagnostics (Or open via the Menu > View > Emulation keyboard. Select cfg and then click Diagnostics) Finding the hex values for device keys
- Use the Windows Keyboard Diagnostics to find the hex value of the characters you are wanting to create a macro for.
- Backspace: 0008
- Space: 0020
- After you have these values, use the Telnet Configuration Tool on the PC to create and send the configuration to the device.
- In Telnet configuration tool on PC, Open Emulation Parameters
- In Emulation > Common > Key Macros
- If I wanted to swap the backspace and space buttons, then I would enter the following macros
- NOTE: If you need to add multiple macros, simply right click on Key Macros and select 'Add'
- Save your configuration
- Send the configuration to your device
- Restart TelnetCE on the device