LANDESK Security and Patch News
- (February 28, 2014) Microsoft has released KB2871690. This is an update from Microsoft for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 that revokes the digital signatures for nine private, third-party UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) modules that could be loaded during UEFI Secure Boot. When the update is applied, the affected UEFI modules will no longer be trusted and will no longer load on systems where UEFI Secure Boot is enabled. The affected UEFI modules consist of specific Microsoft-signed modules that are either not in compliance with our certification program or their authors have requested that the packages be revoked. At the time of this release, these UEFI modules are not known to be available publicly.
- Microsoft is not aware of any misuse of the affected UEFI modules. Microsoft is proactively revoking these non-compliant modules as part of ongoing efforts to protect customers. This action only affects systems running Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 that are capable of UEFI Secure Boot where the system is configured to boot via UEFI and Secure Boot is enabled. There is no action on systems that do not support UEFI Secure Boot or where it is disabled.
- V2.0 (February 27, 2014): Revised advisory to rerelease update 2871690. The rereleased update addresses an issue where specific third-party BIOS versions did not properly validate the signature of the original update. Customers who have already successfully installed the original update do not need to take any action. See the Advisory FAQ for more information. Please visit the following page for more details: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2871690
- Vulnerability ID – 2871690v2
- Vulnerability ID – 2871690(Added the replacement information. This vulnerability definition will remain available until March 14, 2014, after that date it will be removed.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDESK, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2014 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDESK disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDESK has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.LANDESK.com.