- Scanning for updates returns the error message: Scan Incomplete - Could not connect
- Clicking Apply to install an available update returns the error message: Update Not Applied - Could not connect
- The Cloud Services Appliance is unable to resolve the IP address for the hostname patch.landesk.com
- The firewall between the appliance and the LANDESK website doesn't allow the CSA to access patch.landesk.com via HTTP and https.
Configure the appliance to make it able to resolve the hostname patch.landesk.com. This is possible in two ways:
- Configure a DNS server in the System | Network settings section.
- Manually specify the IP address/hostname in the System | Hostnames section.
Verify that patch.landesk.com is accessible on the TCP port 443, as the list of the available updates is downloaded via https. If there is a firewall between the appliance and the internet, verify that the https protocol in enabled from the Cloud Services Appliance towards the internet.
To do so, open a terminal on the appliance's local console pressing CTRL+ALT+F2 or access the device via SSH from a remote system and try to download a file via https from patch.landesk.com as shown in the screenshot. In the example, we are downloading a gif image pointing to https://patch.landesk.com/index_files/image002.gif
Verify that patch.landesk.com is accessible on the tcp port 80, as the updates are downloaded via http. If there is a firewall between the appliance and the internet, verify that the http protocol in enabled from the Cloud Services Appliance towards the internet.
To do so, repeat the same procedure as per the https protocol, pointing at the same file via http: http://patch.landesk.com/index_files/image002.gif