- During the LANDESK Management Suite installation, the Core certificate install to IIS fails
- A pop up window appears, reporting that SecureWebSiteInstall.exe has stopped working
- The installation process stops
SecureWebSiteInstall.exe runs successfully when the environment variable RANDFILE is not set.
If for some reason (for example because some third party application already set the variable) the environment variable is already set, the executable fails to install the Core certificate to IIS.
- From the Start menu, right click Computer and select Properties, then click on Advanced system settings.
- Select Environment variables and remove the RANDFILE variable, verifying both the User and System variables sections.
- Restart the LANDESK Management Suite setup.
When the setup installs successfully the Core certificate to IIS, you will see the following entries in the installation log file names LANDesk.Install.LDMS_yyyy-mm-dd hh_mm_ss.log in the directory %ProgramData%\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Install\Version#\Log:
INFO: Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\SecureWebSiteInstall.exe "LANDesk_1391606962" landesk/managementsuite/core/ssl landesk/managementsuite/core/ssl/information (Launcher.ExecuteXmlCommand())
INFO: Notifying ProcessBegin: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\SecureWebSiteInstall.exe (Launcher.ExecuteXmlCommand())
INFO: Execution of SecureWebSiteInstall_Core completed. Return code: 0, State: Success (SetupController.ExecuteNextCommand())