Core Server Activations can fail for a number of reasons, below is a list of some of the main things to check when activation is failing. This is not an all inclusive list but should cover most known issues.
- Verify that you can ping license.landesk.com from your core server; (ip address may vary)
Ensure the registry key for Provider is set to LEGACY on the core.HKLM\software\LANDesk\managementsuite\licensing\provider OR HKLM\software\wow6432Node\LANDesk\managementsuite\licensing\provider)
- Disable any AV that you may have running when attempting to activate.
- Delete the contents in the LANDESK\Authorization files folder.
- Locate the current windows temp folder using the %temp% command, then delete the contents in that folder.
- Verify the "CertName" value under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Setup] matches the value of the certificate file name under Landesk\Shared files\keys
- Open the .0 file with notepad, verify the key=CertName
- In the Shared Files\Keys folder on the core, be sure that the hash.0 file (that is bound to IIS) matches what is in the protect.ini file.
- Verify that the LANDesk Management Usage Service is running on the core. Restart if you suspect an issue.
- Check to see if you can activate the license on another core. This will prove or disprove an issue with the license itself. If an issue with the license is found then you should work with licensing.landesk.com to resolve.If your core activates successfully but you are still unable to login, you should check the verification date and grace period for your license to make sure it has not expired. Also verify the Product Name(s) and Product Version(s) for your license are correct.
- Verify that the activating user belongs to the core's Built-in Administrators group.
- Check the ldpgp files - Best Known Method for Troubleshooting Remote Console Activation Error
- If these steps still don't work, reinstall the version of LANDESK that you are currently on. If on a flat of 9.5 or 9.6, just reinstall the flat version. If on a service pack, reinstall of the service pack is all that's needed.