LANDESK Security and Patch News
- (May 19, 2014) Microsoft has released KB2956575. This update provides some improvements for Windows Store and Windows Update in Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2. About the new features that are enabled for the Windows Store:
- A persistent navigation bar will appear at the top of the screen. Users can now use the mouse or keyboard to quickly browse to recommendation lists (such as Top Free, Top Paid, Top Grossing, Best Rated, or Picks for you), Collections, or account information.
- App collections have a more prominent placement in the navigation. There is a new Collections page that lists all available app collections. A small set of collections is highlighted on the homepage. Collections are also displayed in search results. Additionally, for certain collections, the user will be offered an Install All choice that lets them obtain all the apps in that collection in one step.
- A universal apps badge will be added to Windows Store apps that can be purchased only one time, and can then be used on both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1.
- Discount information is now displayed for apps on the home page, search results, lists, and description pages.
- App description page improvements:
- You can take larger screen shots to improve the view of the app.
- Universal applications are clearly identified together alongside any hardware requirements. .
- Promotional pricing and expiration information is displayed next to the Buy button.
- The list of recommended apps that is offered to the user post-acquisition is improved to make them more relevant.
- A supplemental privacy shortcut will be added to the apps description page in the charms.
- Improved hardware targeting feature that filters touch-required apps out of the Windows Store live tile, Spotlight, and "Picks for you" parts of the Store if the computer does not support touch. These apps will still be viewable in other parts of the Store. Therefore, when you select a touch-required app on a computer that does not support touch, you receive a warning to indicate that the computer does not have the correct hardware to run the app.
- About the new features that are enabled for the Windows Update
- Windows Update integrates with SleepStudy to provide improved diagnostic information.
- Improvements to performance, resiliency, and support for authenticated proxies in Windows Update.
- Please visit the following page for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2956575
- Vulnerability ID – 2956575
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDESK, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2014 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDESK disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDESK has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.LANDESK.com.