LANDESK Security and Patch News
- (May 20, 2014) Microsoft has released KB2878315 which is an update for PowerPoint 2013. The following issues are fixed in this update:
- .Assume that you open a presentation, zoom the view to a large zoom factor (for example 400%) and then scroll away from the center of the slide and select a shape. When you run the Selection.Unselect method, PowerPoint may scroll to the center of the slide.
- After you install this update, the Shape.Type method returns msoContentApp for a content app.
- When you open many slides that contain images in PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint may display red X placeholders instead of the images. Additionally, you may experience data loss when you save the presentation.
- Assume that you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time. When you both make some changes to the same image, and then you save the presentation, you may find a duplicate image, or the presentation may be corrupted and the save operation fails. Additionally, you may receive an error message that resembles the following: Microsoft Office cannot open this file because some parts are missing or invalid.
- Assume that you open a PowerPoint presentation that is synced by OneDrive for Business, or by another cloud storage client. When you save the presentation, one of the following problems may occur:The presentation becomes read-only and the save operation fails.Images are lost.
- Insertion and playback of YouTube videos does not work in PowerPoint 2013 RT.
Please see the following page for more details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2878315
- Vulnerability ID – 2878315
- Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDESK, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2014 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDESK disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDESK has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit