- Windows CE and WM devices
- Avalanche MC or SE
Document discusses how to properly display Registry keys with the Properties tab within the Mobile Device Details window of Avalanche. Document also aims to clarify how to list Reg keys within custom trees.
Reporting of Registry keys as Properties is only available with the Avalanche Enabler in versions 4.06-02 and later. At this time Avalanche can only report the follow key types:
The data reported is the DWORD value:
The string data is reported as-is:
The data reported is the size of the Key:
The data reported is the # of Items in the Key:
multi_sz:< # Items>
Key locations, names and types can and will vary by Device, Manufacturer, OS and any Software that has been installed. Prior to creating a _regprop.prf file, please ensure that you use a Registry viewer (such as the one built into Avalanche Remote Control) to determine the exact paths for the keys you would like to report. Please be aware that Avalanche will display any values if an identified key is not present within the identified path.
Creating & Structuring A __regprop.prfFile:
To create a _regprop.prf file:
- Identify the Key Locations, Key Names and Key Types that you wish to report.
- Open a text editor and save the file _reg.prop.prf
- List total number of reg properties you will be reporting (reg.prop.count)
- List all reg property names as well as order to be listed within Avalanche (reg.prop.# starting with zero)
- Link the reg.prop to the path of the key you want to report
- Link the reg.prop to the key name
The _regprop.prf file will look something similar to the following:
4. The Avalanche Enabler must be restarted prior to checking into Avalanche
5. Once the device has checked back in you will be able to access the Properties tab within Mobile Device Details and find the custom tree