The process outlined goes through the best known method to remove and reinstall SmartVue.
Some Potential Problems:
- LDGatherData.log shows: Error: The remote server returned an unexpected response: (400) Bad Request
- The remote server returned an error: (400)Bad Request
- Data is not updating. (Possible corruption of data in database)
- SmartVue Configuration window not displaying
Note:This document may help with other SmartVue issues, not just the errors listed above.
- Potential cause is a bad install of SmartVue
- Data has become corrupt in the database.
1. If you are using RDP to connect to your core, please use the following command to start the RDP session:
This creates a console session as opposed to a terminal session.
2. Uninstall Smartvue from add/remove programs
3. Stop the application pools in IIS (iisreset /stop)
Delete All Files found in the following locations:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files
Start the application pools in IIS (iisreset /start)
4.Verify that the IIS virtual directories Smartvue, Smartvuedata, and Smartvueweb are gone.
5. Verify that C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Smartvue & C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Smartvuedef are deleted
6. Delete the following SmartVue directory folder contained in the following locations (The below listed directory structure assumes your ManagementSuite folder is contained on C: and contained in Program Files x86):
C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\managementsuite\core\SmartVue
C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\managementsuite\core\SmartVueData
C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\managementsuite\core\SmartVueWebApp
7. On the database, run the following SQL query
drop table SmartVueConnections drop table SmartVueData drop table SmartVueLocationData drop table SmartVueQueryLocations drop table SmartVueSettings drop table SmartVueUserWidgets drop table SmartVueWidgets
8. Download the latest Smartvue
9. Right click on both of the downloaded files, and go to Properties-> Unblock on make sure both files are unblocked..
10. Right click on LANDeskSoftware950-SmartVue.exe and run as Administrator and install Smartvue.
11. Once completed, right click on LD95-CP_SMARTVUE-2013-0823.exe and run as Administrator and install the patch.
12. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite and double click on LDGatherdata.exe (monitor when this finishes by looking in the task manager when LDgatherdata.exe disappears)
13. SmartVue works best with Chrome or Firefox. Open up the page in your browser (FQDN is the fully qualified domain name core.local)
Thanks to Brandon Barlow for his work on this.