LANDESK Management Suite 9.x
- Installing the agent on a machine with the user language set to Chinese fails
- Installing the agent on a machine with the user language set to Russian fails
- Setting the user language of the user to English makes the agent deployment successful
- There is no non-ascii character in the agent configuration
- The LANDESK Management folder in the Start Menu doesn't list all the expected items
- The LANDESK Services are not installed correctly
The agent installer has difficulties in recognize that the machine was set in Chinese.
This happens when some registry keys are set to a Latin character set language (for example English) while the operating system is set to a language not using the Latin character set language, for example Chinese and Russian.
As a result, the agent gets installed incompletely, and it just doesn't work.
Set the relevant registry keys to the language code of the operating system. The keys are the following:
For the semplified Chinese language for instance, the keys must be set to the following values:
Where to find the right codes
Microsoft locale codes
ACP and OEMCP codes