Update : We have improved security of communication between the SDS and Enabler. This comes with an updated version of the certificate tool.The new version includes a line for Alternate Subject Name. Please use the FQDN for SDS Public Address and IP address for SDS Alternate Name when using the attached tool.
The below instructions are a guide for the certificate utility. This is used to generate a self signed cert which is required for managing smart devices.
How to use:
1. Download the attachment and move the zip file to your server which has the Smart device server(SDS) installed.
2. Extract the zip file to a folder
3. Run the generateSelfSingedCertificate.bat file from the folder.
a. If this fails to run you may need to install Java and ensure you have a JAVA_HOME environement variable setup correctly. Then Double Click to run the file GenerateSelfSignedCertificate.jar .. If you require additional assistance with this please contact support.
4. This should pop up the Certificate Information Dialog box.
a. Enter and verify the following boxes in the certificate information window
SDS Public Address : FQDN/hostname is present in this box.
SDS Alternate Name: Enter Server IP address into this box
Certificate Password : Enter a password and record this as it will be needed to import this into Avalanche
SDS Installation Path: Verify the path is pointing to the Smart Device Server folder
By default this will be C:\Program Files\Wavelink\Avalanche\SmartDeviceServer\
5. Once you have entered all of the required fields select Generate
6. This should generate the .p12 certificate file and show you the path to which it was saved.
7. Now that you have generated this you then launch the AvalancheWeb console then from the left hand side select 'Profiles' and then select your 'Default Smart Device Server Profile'
8. Scroll down to HTTPS Configuration and press 'Add', Then 'Browse for Certificate File' and upload your certificate and enter the password + password confirmation.
9. Enter the SDS public address and the setup is complete. This concluded the installation of the HTTPS Configuration certificate.