A firewall rule specifies criteria for a packet, and a target. If the packet does not match, the next rule in the chain is the examined; if it does match, then the next rule is specified by the value of the target.
Creating LANDESK firewall connection rule
- To create the connection rule, please follow the steps as below.
- Select Incoming or outgoing Direction, which indicates whether the connection rule restricts inbound or outbound connections.
- Select Accept or Drop Action, ACCEPT means to let the packet through. DROP means to drop the packet on the floor.
- An inclusive IP range can also be specified, 0 to 65535 means all the ports.
- Trusted files lets you give trusted programs the ability to bypass this connection rule.
- The last rule action should be Drop, it means if the packet does not match above rules, the packets should be dropped.
Note:This document is intended to be used as a basic configuration of LANDesk Firewall. It require basic network and firewall knowledge to perform the configuration.
More information about firewall settings can be found on the help site here.