Avalanche Mobility Center 4.6 or newer
Network Profile configured with an IP Address Pool
- Wrong IP Address is sent to device when you use Masked IP Address Pool.
- Devices that connect to the server receive IP Addresses outside of the IP Address Pool
1. Create a Network profile
2. Check the box for "Manage WLAN IP" and "Override Settings on Mobile Devices"
3. Fill in the following under the "WLAN IP Settings" Tab
[x] Manage IP Assignment [IP Address Pool]
[x] Server Address [Hostname of your server]
[x] Gateway Address [Gateway address of your server]
[x] Subnet Mask [Subnet mask of your server]
[x]Domain Name System [Fill in all correct DNS information you have for your server]
4. Click on the "Manage IP Address Pools button"
5. Create an IP address pool for 10.10.106.216 to 10.10.106.225 with the Server Address Mask of "255.255.255.000"
6. Apply and deploy this profile to your device
7. Your device will get an IP address outside of the range that you've set up in your network profile.
The "Mask With Server Address" is really asking you for your Wildcard Mask (hence the small example 0.0.127.255)
To find out more about Wildcard Masks, please see the following:
Wikipedia (General Information):