LDMS 9.6, CSA 4.3
- LDMS 9.6
- 2 or more Cloud Service Appliances
This is not load balancing.
LDMS 9.6 now has the ability to allow Agents to use failover mode when communicating via CSA. There are 2 options, Ordered List and Random. These options are listed in the Client Connectivity Agent Setting, which is now in the "Standard LANDESK Agent" section of the Agent Configuration.
- Ordered List: The agent will choose a CSA from the top down. If the CSA is unavailable it will use the next CSA in the list
- Random Order: When a connection is initiated the Agent will choose a random CSA to connect to.
- When an Agent connects to a CSA it is not a static connection. It will start a new CSA connection for every attempted connection. If "Use ordered list" is used, it will start from the top down. If "Use random" is selected, it will randomize the CSA.
- Scheduled inventory runs at 1:00pm and may connect to CSA1
- Scheduled vulscan runs at 1:10pm and may connect to CSA2
- Remote Control, when switching to Gateway Mode, will choose a CSA from the brokerconfig.xml based on the same "Random" or "Ordered List" settings
- BrokerConfig.exe and the Brokerconfig.xml will show all available Cloud Service Appliances as comma separated values