NOTE- CSA 4.4 has been released, please view our article for upgrading/installing your CSA. Cloud Services Appliance From 4.4 Upgrade and New Installs
Download link for the 4.3 Virtual CSA.
This file will extract the files for CSA 4.3-123 Dev. Once extracted, you will want to import the file into your VMware.
After installing, please see the LANDESK Cloud Services Appliance Landing Page and view the Quick Guide - Gateway (Cloud Service Appliance) Configuration so that you may update the version of the CSA and get it configured.
To deploy this appliance in a VMWare vSphere 5 environment:
- Download the .exe and double-click it to extract it a folder ("LDcsa43") on your workstation.
- Upload the folder of VM files to a datastore in your vCenter environment, then browse to that folder on the datastore.
- Right-click the ".vmx" file and select "Add to inventory".
- Follow through the "New machine" wizard.
If you own VMware products, it is simple to convert the downloaded & extracted vCSA to OVA/OVF. OVFTool.exe is built into VMware Workstation and also comes with ESX.
- Open the extracted vmx file in VMware workstation
- Remove the virtual CD-ROM device, and then add a new one. There is a reference to an unavailable ISO image that must be forgotten, or Step 4 will fail.
- Save the changes, and exit VMware (or close the VM)
- Save the line below as a batch file alongside the extracted virtual machine files (.vmdk, .vmx, etc):
- "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\VMware\VMware Workstation\OVFTool\ovftool.exe" --machineOutput --diskMode=thin --compress=9 "%~dp0LDCSA43.vmdk" "%~dp0LDCSA43.ova"
- Run the .bat, wait 10-30 minutes, and you'll have a nice OVA or OVF (depending on the file extension specified at the end of the line above) that is about 437 megabytes.