This document outlines how to enable and generate Debug Logs for troubleshooting EPS.
How to enable debug logging
- Open the Endpoint Security GUI
- Click the EPS Tray Icon
- Click the Start Menu Option
- Run the executable directly: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\HIPS\EPSUI.exe
- Hold LSHIFT (left shift key) + LCTRL (left control key), then click the Drop-down Menu in the upper right (next to the gear icons) to reveal the Extended Menu
- Click Enable debug mode
While Debugging is enabled, the Extended menu will show this:
- After reproducing the issue, click the Drop-down Menu using LSHIFT and LCTRL and choose Generate debug logs
The debug logs will be saved to your Desktop as eps-logs.zip
The eps-logs.zip file will contain the required information to send to support for troubleshooting.
- Once done generating the Debug Logs, click the Drop-down Menu and choose Disable debug mode.
In some instances, we may not be able to save the eps-logs.zip to the Desktop. This is commonly seen when debugging Point of Sales devices. In this circumstance, enable Debug logging as outliend above, but instead of choosing to Generate Debug Logs, gather these directories, zip them together, and return the *.zip to Support.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\HIPS
How to enable debug logging in EPS prior to LDMS 9.6 SP2
- Open Endpoint Security - click on Options
- Once options is open click on the link at the bottom of the window (Troubleshooting logs: Disabled)
- This will change the status to (Troubleshooting logs: Enabled)
- Click OK to save.
- Once complete, go back into Endpoint Security - Options and click (Troubleshooting logs: Enabled) and this will change back to Disabled. It will prompt a command window and generate the logs:
- Once complete it will post logs.def and logs.cab on the desktop.
- All files and logs will be saved in the logs.cab.