No error is shown, but a package is not shown in the Ivanti End User Workspace (portal manager) when you click the 'refresh' button.
- The policy.sync.exe called lddwnld.dll to download from the core server. An error with LDDWNLD may have occurred.
- The policy.sync.exe updated the task to client machine local DB file LDClientDB.db3. The DB may have an error.
You can go through the following steps regarding how the package is updated in portal manager and confirm which step has failed.
You need to confirm the client agent patch level. It should be the same as the core server.
- The scheduled task is ready and in a Waiting status
- The file SDClientTask.<CoreName>.<TaskID>.xml is generated under the following folder on the core:
.\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\files
- When you click the refresh button on the portal, the file SDClientTask.<CoreName>.<TaskID>.xml will be downloaded to client folder:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\files (WinXP and Win2003)
- C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\files (Windows 7 and later)
- The file is downloaded through lddwnld.dll, It is also be called by SDClient.exe and Vulscan.exe.
- You may kill SDClient.exe and Vulscan.exe in task manager manually.
- The XML for the task should be updated to the client machine local DB file LDClientDB.db3.
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Database (WinXP and Win2003)
- C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Database (Windows 7 and later)
- You can try to clean the database. How to resolve "Task Queued at Client for Execution"
- And the policy.invoker.exe should always be running in task manager. The policy.invoker.exe will check the for policy client files every 3 seconds to launch the task.
- If it is not running, you can go to Services and start the LANDesk Policy Invoker.
- You can collect the following log files for the support team:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\policy.sync.log
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\lddwnld.xlg (This requires turning on XTrace logging: How To: Enable XTrace Diagnostic Logging for the Ivanti EPM Core and Clients)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Data\sdclient_task<TaskID>.log
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Data\SDClientTask.<CoreName>.<TaskID>.log
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Data\sdclient.log
If there is a 'time out' error, you can go to this help document for help: Error: "Timeout" error when clicking 'refresh' on portal manager