LANDesk Management Suite 9.5
LANDesk Management Suite 9.6
How to Gather an Inventory Output scan for Macs – The below steps will guide you in how to create an output scan for troubleshooting inventory items with LANDesk Support
These instructions are to be run on the client.
Step by Step:
- Browse to Library\Application Support\LANDesk\bin
- Open the LANDESK Agent.app
- On the Inventory tab, click the lock in the bottom left to change the settings. (This will prompt you for your credentials)
- Click the box "Save scan in directory"
- Also click the box "Force Software Scan"
- Click the Lock again to save changes
- Now click on the Overview tab
- Click the "Scan Now" next to the Inventory Scanner
- After the scan finishes, browse to Library\Application Support\LANDesk\Scans and grab the latest scan.
- Please send this to support.
REMEMBER TO UNCHECK THE "SAVE SCAN IN DIRECTORY" BOX AFTER YOU ARE DONE TROUBLESHOOTING. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN INVENTORY SCANS PILING UP AND FILLING UP THE MAC HARD DRIVE SPACE.
*NOTE- You most likely will want to include the log file as well for troubleshooting. It is located in Library\Application Support\LANDesk and is called LANDesk.log. Please also note that there might be multiple logs to gather.
Related: How to Gather an Inventory Output scan for PC's