LANDesk® Security Review for the Week Ending October 3, 2008
LANDesk® Patch Manager and Security Suite ("LDSS") provide customers with the latest security and application patches and updates for the most utilized software in your business. Maintaining a safe and secure environment helps to avoid downtime that will affect employees and productivity. The following items are the patch and update highlights from this past week.
Vulnerability Definitions - The password issue for Firefox 3, which was reported last week has been published. Customers are encouraged to apply this update to their systems.
- Vulnerability ID: THBIRD2v017_ENU, THBIRD2v017_DEU, THBIRD2v017_JPN, THBIRD2v017_GB, THBIRD2v017_NLD
- Vulnerability ID: FIREFOX3v303_ENU, FIREFOX3v303_DEU, FIREFOX3v303_JPN, FIREFOX3v303_GB, FIREFOX3v303_NLD
- Vulnerability ID: Thunderbird20017_Update
- Vulnerability ID: Firefox3.0.3_Update
- Sometimes a virus shows up that does not have a definition yet. This is true for all viruses when they are first written. These are called "zero day" viruses. The following link provides instructions on how these samples can be sent to LANDesk for inclusion in our Antivirus pattern files.
- Virus Watch from our partner Kaspersky Lab
Vulscan switches for Windows Agents
- The LANDesk feature article this week illustrates the options available with the Windows vulscan agent. The vulscan agent is the workhorse of the Security and Patch Manager products. These switches can be included in Windows shortcuts for vulscan as well as from the command line.
The LANDesk security team travels to Maryland for the Security Automation Conference at the National Institute of Standards and Technology - NIST.
- Back in June 2008, LANDesk Link made an announcement about its commitment to support the Secure Content Automation Protocol (SCAP). As part of that commitment, a few of us from LANDesk checked out the 4th annual Security Automation Conference in Gaithersburg, MD. Follow along with me as I recap the conference.
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDesk, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you-our partners and customers-in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDesk Product Support
Copyright © 2008 LANDesk Software. All rights reserved. LANDesk is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDesk Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDesk disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDesk has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.landesk.com/.