While attempting to activate the core server you get a message indicating there was an error while communicating with the activation server.
- Run Core Server Activation as administrator. (Typically not necessary)
- Drive space: Even when LDMS is installed to another drive, we still use space on the C: drive to build the activation file that is sent to the licensing server.
- Run Core Server Activation as administrator. ( ...\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Licensing.ActivateCore.exe)
- If your drive is completely full you'll need to free up some space, probably about 100 MB will be necessary to avoid this failure.
- Once you've cleared up enough space on the C: drive, reactivate your core.