Error in Eventlog: Escalation Point expiry action failed for escalation point of class type '{Process}.EscalationPoint' with primary key {Guid}. There is an error in XML document (1, 1).

Version 1

Verified Product Versions

LANDESK Service Desk 7.7.x

(Document created by customer)

Error Message

In case you get an error like this in the Eventlog there might be a problem with the escalation actions:  "Escalation Point expiry action failed for escalation point of class type '{Process}.EscalationPoint' with primary key {Guid}."

Error.PNG

Cause

The cause for me seemed to be if you have multiple escalations on a response level, and moreover one or both of the escalations have an action that starts at 0%

sla.PNG

The error only seems to appear when the second escalation is triggered upon creation of the IPC.

Solution

The solution for me was that I opened the 'second' escalation and open the '0%' action. Change the 'Escalation Action Time' from 0% to 1 Minute. If the escalation is triggered first it the escalation expiry will be 1 minute later. Providing the Background Service extra time.

If you do not want to change your escalation points please contact support who can advise further: www.landesk.com/support/contact/

Esc action time.PNG