When trying to remote control the client machine, the menu is grayed out.
Steps To Try
- Ping the client machine from core
- Telnet client machine at 9535 and 4343 port
- Is the Core server in a Domain, and the client machine is in WORKGROUP? Join the client to the domain, then can the client be remote controlled successfully?
- Do your DNS server records match your DHCP server?
- Can you open the following URL from core to client: http://clientIP:9595/allowed/ldping, and http://clientName:9595/allowed/ldping
- If the client IP URL can be opened as an XML page, but the cilent Name URL cannot be accesses you can try the resolution below.