While using the service portal or console users may get permissions error messages similar to the following:
Authorization failure. User is not authorised to perform Read operations on the IncidentManagment.TaskAssignment class type.
The error indicates that the user doesn't have sufficient permissions for their role or group. In this example, the user doesn't have the Read permission to assign a task pertaining to an incident. To fix this a service desk administrator will need to do the following:
- Locate the user in the administration tool.
- Note which roles and groups they belong to.
- Decide which of these roles or groups should have the increased privileges.
- Right click on the role or group and choose Privileges.
- Locate the privilege in the error message. In this example it is mentioning IncidentManagement.TaskAssignment. To locate this privilege double click on Modules -> Incident Managment -> Process Related Objects -> Task.
- Locate the Task Assignment permission in this section.
- Double click on the red X under the Read column, it should change to a green check.
The permissions save immediately. So once this is done the user should be able to close their console and log back in with the new permissions.