Applies to LDMS 9.6 sp1
When installing a patch that runs the LANDESK AntiVirus component the AV portion would be uninstalled and re-installed. This required multiple reboots to complete.
In LDMS 9.6 SP1 the LDAV version will be checked first. If the engine is the same as the version on the core, LDAV will not be uninstalled and re-installed.
Forcing LANDESK Antivirus Re-Install
In the scenario where a LANDESK Administrator wishes to force the reinstall the following method can be used:
- Go into Tools - Security and Compliance - Security Activity
- Click the "Create a task" icon
- Click Install/Update Security Components
- Check "LANDESK antivirus"
- Select a setting
- Check the box for "Force reinstall of all LANDESK Antivirus componenets even if the same version is already installed"
- Click "Save" to create task
- Target device and deploy task.