This document will provide you with the necessary steps on how to migrate your LDMS 9.6 agents to 9.6 SP1 using Software Distribution.
- You will need to download the LDMS 9.6 SP1 agent files. You can download them here: Product Downloads
- Once downloaded, run the exe to extract all the files to a specified folder. The setup will automatically run, so just hit no when it asks if you want to update.
- Copy the agent files to a share example: \\CORE\ldlogon\Software\Packages.
- Note Be sure to keep the file structure intact.
- Under the "Distribution Packages" in the console, create a "New executable package".
- After specifying a name, navigate to where the patch is stored in the "Primary file" area. Double click the setup.exe. in this example it shows UNC to distribute software, but you may also use HTTP.
- Under "Install/Uninstall options", enter /s into the command line. This will allow silent installation of the agent.
- Navigate to the "Additional files" section. You will need to navigate to the location of the installer files again. From there, highlight all files and folders except for setup.exe. Click >> once that is completed. When the console asks if you want to add the contents of any sub directories, click yes.
- Navigate to the "Assign return codes" section. Here, you can se what each return code means (success/fail). With some packages, no return code is sent back and sdclient.exe just closes, which typically results in a failure (even though the package successfully installed). Because of this, we need to make a change. Click on the "Default non MSI template" and then modify it. Create a copy using the button on the "Package return code mappings" and name a new template.
- When you hit OK, modify the new template you created. Click the line for "Return Code 1" and change the "State" to "Success". Click Apply. Click OK.
- Click Assign while selecting the template we created back on the "Executable properties" page. Save the package.
Schedule the Task:
- Once you schedule the package, we have a few properties to edit. The first being the agent reboot settings. Navigate to the "Agent settings" section and configure the "Reboot settings" option.
- The agent requires a restart when finished, so select a reboot setting that will force a reboot. Reference the images below for an example.
- Save the task and the creation of the package is complete. Note that it can take up to 30 minutes for the agent to install.
You can verify that the installation was successful by looking at the inventory for the device (once it has been updated) in the following location: LANDESK Management > Inventory > Scanner > Version. You should see 220.127.116.11.