This is a step by step guide that will create a group of computers that get the most up-to-date antivirus definitions. The other computers in your environment will receive the updates either upon your approval or after a period of time you specify.
Set up Antivirus Definitions to Download to a Pilot Group
- Go to Tools | Security and Patch
- Click the "Download Updates" button (First on the left)
- Un-check everything under Definition types then put a check in the box labeled "LANDesk Antivirus Updates"
- Click the "LANDesk Antivirus" tab
- Select "Restrict them to a pilot test first"Note: If "Automatically approve pilot definitions after test period expires" is checked then you need to specify how much time before the pilot time expires
- Click "Schedule Update" and setup a schedule for antivirus to updateNote: If you have a previous scheduled task to download Antivirus definitions please be sure to delete it
- Create an Antivirus Agent Behavior for the Pilot Group Configuration
- In Security and Patch: Click the "Configure Settings" button (third from the left)
- Select "LANDesk antivirus settings..."
- Copy an existing setting or create a new AV setting and name it something that denotes the AV Pilot Definitions Group
- Click on the "Virus definition updates" tab
- Put a check in the box labeled "Download 'pilot' version of virus definition files"
- Click OK
Deliver the New Antivirus Agent Behavior Through a Task
- In Security and Patch: Click the "Create a task" button (second from the left)
- Select "Change settings"
- Name the task something like "Pilot Group AV Behavior"
- Put a check in the box labeled "Create a scheduled task"
- Click the words "Keep agent's current settings" by "LANDesk Antivirus Settings"
- Select the new AV Agent Behavior
- Click OKNote: This creates a scheduled task that will apply the new AV Agent Behavior setting to any agents that you want to use in your pilot test groupsss
- Drag computers into the scheduled task
- Right click the task and click "Start Now"