|This article refers to Ivanti Antivirus using the Kaspersky engine. This article is not valid for Ivanti Antivirus 2017 (Bitdefender Engine)|
This is a step by step guide that will create a group of computers that get the most up-to-date antivirus definitions. The other computers in your environment will receive the updates either upon your approval or after a period of time you specify.
Set up Antivirus Definitions to Download to a Pilot Group
- Go to Tools | Security and Compliance
- Click the "Download Updates" button (First single icon without text on the left)
- Un-check everything under Definition types then put a check in the box labeled "Ivanti Antivirus Updates"
- Click the "Ivanti Antivirus" tab
- Select "Restrict them to a pilot"
- Click "Schedule Update" and setup a schedule for antivirus to updateNote: If you have a previous scheduled task to download Antivirus definitions please be sure to delete it
Create an Antivirus Agent Behavior for the Pilot Group Configuration
- Open the Agent Settings Tool
- Expand the Security sub-group and select "Ivanti Antivirus"
- Copy an existing setting or create a new AV setting and name it something that denotes the AV Pilot Definitions Group
- Click on the "Update" sub-section under "Scheduled Tasks"
- Put a check in the box labeled "Download 'pilot' version of virus definition files"
- Click OK
Deliver the New Antivirus Agent Behavior Through a Task
- In the Agent Settings tool select the Calendar icon and select "Change Settings" from the drop-down
- Name the task something like "Pilot Group AV Behavior"
- Click the words "Keep agent's current settings" by "Ivanti Antivirus Settings"
- Select the new AV Agent Behavior
- Click SaveNote: This creates a scheduled task that will apply the new AV Agent Behavior setting to any agents that you want to use in your pilot test groupsss
- Drag computers into the scheduled task
- Right-click the task and click "Start Now"