LANDESK Security and Patch News
· (February 4, 2015) KB2910891 has been released by Microsoft which is an update for Microsoft Word 2010. The following issues are fixed in this update:
•Assume that you insert a DOCPROPERTY filed that refers to a custom document property in a Word 2010 document. Then you save the document as an .odt file and then you close it. When you reopen the file, the DOCPROPERTY field is displayed as a plain text.
•When you open an attached email that contains Japanese text and hyperlinks in Outlook 2010, Outlook may crash.
•When you paste content to a Word 2010 document in which the track changes function is enabled, Word may crash.
•Assume that you upload a Word document to a SharePoint document library, and the document contains a linked Visio object. You open the document and then save and close it. In this situation, the linked Visio object cannot be recognized as a Visio object when you reopen the document. Therefore, when you right-click it, the Update Link and Linked Visio Object commands are missing. Additionally, when you click the Object command, you may receive the following error message:
"This object is corrupt or no longer available".
Microsoft does not provide the official download URL for KB2910891, so please follow below steps to download the patch manually.
Steps to download the patch:
1. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2910891.
2. Click the "Hotfix Download Available" link to "Agreement for Microsoft Services" page;
3. Check "I Accept" button;
4. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
5. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URLs and the passwords for unzipping the zipped patches;
6. Download the zipped patches;
7. Unzip these files with the passwords in the above email and put them into the folder that you store the patches.
Please visit the following page for more details: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2910891
· Vulnerability ID – 2910891_INTL_Manual
· Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDESK, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2015 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDESK disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDESK has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.LANDESK.com.