How do I load and import a script into CETerm?

Version 4

NOTE: Scripting functionality is only supported with versions 5.1 or higher.

Although you can create and edit scripts right on the device, we recommend editing the script in your favorite text editor on your desktop and then copying the file over to the device over activesync. You can then validate the script for syntax errors, debug and run it.

Here are the steps to import and load a script into CETerm.

1. Using ActiveSync, copy the script from your desktop to the \My Documents folder on your terminal. You can do this using the Mobile Device Explorer (which is part of ActiveSync) running on your desktop. .
    2. Run CETerm and go to Session -> Configure -> Options -> Configure Scripting
      • If your script uses some file, registry or application launch operations, enable these options under Session -> Configure -> Options -> Configure Scripting -> General. If not skip this step.

1. Go to the Scripts tab. If the script table is empty, highlight the first entry "slot" and tap the Edit button. If the table is not empty, highlight the first available entry and tap Edit. If you want to simply edit an existing script, highlight it and tap the Edit button.
    2. In the "Edit Script" dialog, tap the Import button and select the script file from the My Documents folder. You will see the script imported into the text box.
      • You should tap the "Test/Load" button ONLY if your script contains functions for later use. It is not necessary to "Test / Load" if your script is bound to a key or button.

5. Scripts which contain function definitions may be marked to automatically load when CETerm starts. You can do this by enabling the checkbox Load at Startup. We recommend loading only those scripts at startup which have function definitions that you would like to always be available.

6. If you enabled Load at Startup in the step above, then tap the "Re-Initialize" button. This will re-initialize the script engine and re-load all startup scripts.

7. Hit OK all the way out