LANDESK Security and Patch News
· (February 5, 2015) Microsoft has released KB2916627 which fixes a problem that occurs when you try to access shared resources in a Distributed File System namespace.
Consider the following scenario:•You have a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2.
•You try to access shared resources in a Distributed File System (DFS) namespace.
In this scenario, the computer crashes, and you receive Stop error 0x0000008E (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED).
Microsoft does not provide the official download URL for KB2916627, so please follow below steps to download the patch manually.
Steps to download the patch:
1. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2916627.
2. Click the "Hotfix Download Available" link to "Agreement for Microsoft Services" page;
3. Check "I Accept" button;
4. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
5. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URLs and the passwords for unzipping the zipped patches;
6. Download the zipped patches;
7. Unzip these files with the passwords in the above email and put them into the folder that you store the patches.
Please visit the following page for more details: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2916627
· Vulnerability ID – 2916627_MSU_Manual
· Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2015 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.