LANDESK Security and Patch News
· (February 5, 2015) Microsoft has released KB2967567 Which fixes an issue that occurs when the DFS location is offline, and a user logs on to a computer that is running Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2 for the first time.
Consider the following scenario:•You configure the following Folder Redirection Group Policy setting to use a Distributed File System (DFS) path as the redirect location or folders:
Group Policy Object (GPO) name\User Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Folder Redirection
•You disable the following Do not automatically make redirected folders available offline Group Policy setting to make sure that the redirected folders can be accessed when they are offline:
GPO name\User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Folder Redirection
•You configure the following Configure slow-linkmode Group Policy setting to use slow-link mode for the redirected folders when network latency is greater than a specified value:
Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline Files
•A domain user logs on to a client computer that is running Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
•The user uses a redirected folder to transfer files.
•Network latency is greater than the specified value. Therefore, the redirected folder is transitioned offline, and DFS path is transitioned offline.
•Another user who did not previously log on to the client computer logs on to this computer.
Microsoft does not provide the official download URL for KB2967567, so please follow below steps to download the patch manually.
Steps to download the patch:
1. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2967567.
2. Click the "Hotfix Download Available" link to "Agreement for Microsoft Services" page;
3. Check "I Accept" button;
4. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
5. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URLs and the passwords for unzipping the zipped patches;
6. Download the zipped patches;
7. Unzip these files with the passwords in the above email and put them into the folder that you store the patches.
Please visit the following page for more details: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2967567
· Vulnerability ID – 2967567_MSU_Manual
· Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDESK, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2015 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDESK disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDESK has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.LANDESK.com.