When creating a Distribution Package in the Ivanti Endpoint Manager console there is the option to use "Specified Credentials" where you can select what user account to run certain software packages with. This is helpful in environments where standard users do not have access to install software, and the software in question has to be installed by a user and not the Local System account.
- The username and password are stored in the Ivanti EPM Database in the PACKAGE table.
- The password is encrypted before being stored in the table.
- The password is passed down to a machine when it receives the package information, however, it remains encrypted at all times. At no point in time is the password view-able in plain text.
- Package information arrives in the format of an XML that is removed once the task is complete. If the task has to run again later we get a new copy of the XML
- You can view the XML on the Core Server:
- Opening a browser and going to http://localhost/ApmService/PackageInfo.asmx?op=GetPackageXML
- Enter Package ID
- Click Invoke
If you have any further questions about this feature please contact Ivanti Support.