Avalanche Premise 6.1 (Q1 Security Release)
Notes: Includes the latest security enhancements
Below are instructions to configure Remote Control to use SSL with the latest Avalanche 6.1 patch. With the latest patch for security vulnerability one cannot use the Keystore, but has to generate a certificate and then configure the server.properties file with the right config.
How to use:
1. Generate certificate if you do not already have one using the link below:
2. Configuring Remote Control Server to Use SSL
Once The certificate is created.
Copy the certificate to the Remote Control 4.1/cfg directory.
Modify the server.properties file and then restart the Remote Control server.
To activate SSL for Remote Control:
- Navigate to:
[RC Install location]\cfg
And open the server.properties file with a text editor such as Notepad.
- Web.HTTP.Enable = 0
- Web.HTTPS.Enable = 1
- Web.SSL.KeyPassword = [password]
- Web.SSL.KeyStore = cfg/nameofcert.p12
- Web.SSL.MaxIdleTime = 60000
- Web.SSL.Port = 8900
*****Where [password] is the password for the certificate.
c. Save your changes to the file.
3. Configuring the Remote Control Client with the Server Address
To configure the package with the server address:
- On the Profiles tab, select the software profile that has the Remote Control package.
- From the Software Packages area of the Software Profile tab, select the package and click Configure. (You can also right-click the package name and select Configure.) The Configure Software Package dialog box appears.
- From the available list, double-click Server Location. The Remote Control Server Location dialog box appears.
- In the Server text box, type the address and port for the Remote Control server, including the https protocol.
For example: https://servername.headquarters.yourcompany.com:8900
e.Save the config.
The software package is ready for synchronization.