Environment: LDMS 9.5 and 9.6
Date Reviewed: May 28th 2015
How to: Create a query to determine LANDesk agent name and version
If you have patched your LDMS core but have not patched your agents to the same level, you may see various errors and seemingly unexplained behavior. Often, admins are not aware of their agent versions and whether additional patching is required to be in compliance. Best practice is to bring all your agents to the same patch level as your core. To do this you need to see what agent version your computers have.
It is also helpful to be able to see at a glance which agent is applied to a specific computer. We can accomplish both goals with one query.
Requires Access To:
LDMS Core or remote console
Step by Step:
- In your LDMS console Network View, go to Queries -> My queries.
- Right-click and create a new query. Give it any name you like. For example "LANDesk Agent name and version".
- Under Machine Components, select LANDesk Management -> Inventory -> Scanner -> Version. Select "Exists", and click the Insert button.
- Next, under Machine Components select LANDesk Management -> Agent Configuration Name. Select "Exists", ensure "AND" is selected as your argument and click Insert.
- In the Select Columns pane add a new column for LANDesk Management -> Inventory -> Scanner -> Version and LANDesk Management -> Agent Configuration Name.
- Click Save. You may now run your query by double-clicking.