How To: Deploy an Agent via PUSH to Windows 10 in LDMS 9.6 SP2
- This document will provide you with the necessary steps on how to install an agent to the Windows 10 operating system.
- You will need to have the following component patch or greater before being able to deploy an agent to a Windows 10 device: 2015-0722
- This is a 9.6 SP2 component patch that is available here: Support for Windows 10 in LDMS 9.5 and 9.6
Task Setup and Agent Deployment:
- Under the "Agent Configuration" area in the console, right click the desired agent and select "Schedule agent deployment". This will create a task and allow you to drag devices into it to deploy to them.
- In this example, I am using unmanaged device discovery to find my device via Active Directory. See this document for instructions on finding devices using "UDD": How To: Discover a Device on a Domain Using Unmanaged Device Discovery (LDAP Discovery)
- Once you have moved a device into the task, right click the task and select "Start now -> All".
- The core will attempt to create a folder named $ldcfg$ in \\DEVICENAME\c$ using the credentials used in the scheduler service.
- It will then run an app it downloads called "IPCheck" which verifies that the hostname and IP match what the core believes it should be. A TMP file will also be downloaded and extracted, this contains the agent installation.
- If you are having trouble or are getting errors in the task, please review this document: https://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-31663
- The deployment is successful when you receive the result of "The agent setup program ran successfully".
Consider the following: