How To: Discover a Device on a Domain using Unmanaged Device Discovery
- This document will provide you with the necessary steps on how to find a device using Unmanaged Device Discovery on a domai.
Find the Device:
- Find an open the "Unmanaged device discovery" area from your toolbox.
- Once open, use the "Scan Network" button to open the scan dialog.
- Once the "Scanner Configuration" is open, click the "More >>" button. This will show additional scan options. I have set the most useful settings for scanning a domain:
- Once checked off, choose "Configure" next to the "Discover devices using LDAP" box. At the top of this new window, you will want to enter your domain name (mine is dlemoine.local). The user I am logged into the console as has full domain rights so I just selected "Login as current user". Now click "Add" and then "Ok".
- You can now name and save your configuration as you wish.
- When you are ready, click "Scan now". LDMS should sort through your directory and try to find computer objects. If you have a large domain, this could take a few minutes.
- Once the scan is complete, you can click "Close" on both windows that are open.
- Also note that as you click through the menus, the console may freeze as it writes data to the database. If you have a large device count, this will take longer.
- Once the windows are closed, from the tree on the left select "Computers" to see the devices you have found.
- You can now drag devices directly from this screen to a task for deployment.