Ivanti EPM Portal Manager delivers apps, documents, and links to end users so they can install items that are approved for use in your organization or required for that user's hardware
- Create a new Macintosh distribution package
- Create a scheduled task
- Select Policy as delivery type
- Run the task, right now the task status would be Pending
- Run Software Portal on the Mac client as below
- The portal will open automatically
The following are the issues that may be encountered when you use the software portal:
- The portal could not pop up, no response when you click the portal as in step 5.
- The newly updated policies cannot be found.
- From the MAC machine, Go to Folder /Library/Application Support/LANDesk/landesk.log, and check if the client received a new policy
Normally you would get the error message as below:
soap:Fault Soap session could not be invoked between the client and web services server
Sep 7 15:41:21 tests-Mac-mini-2.local ldapm <Info>: APM: No new policies
- From the console side, check current Mac software Distribution task status, make sure the affected device is on the task pending list.
- If there is any task status issue or error return code reported, you can check it through the normal SWD troubleshooting steps.