This document outlines possible causes why a Preferred Server may fail
- Replication tasks to the preferred server fail. The replicate.log on the client shows Code: 64 (0x40).
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:56:54 Connecting to '\\win7x64\replicateshare\'
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:57:05 Failed to connect to share (\\win7x64\replicateshare).
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:57:05 WNetAddConnection2 Error = (64).
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:57:05 Share count for '\\96-core3\replicateshare': 0
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:57:05 Disconnecting from previous share (\\96-core3\replicateshare).
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:57:05 Last status: Failed. Error: 64 (0x40)
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:57:05 Reporting connection failure to core
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:57:05 Reporting status Failed to connect to share '\\win7x64\replicateshare\'. Code: 64 (0x40)
- When trying to test credentials within the Ivanti EPM Core against a UNC share for a Preferred Server, the credentials fail.
UNC authentication failed.
- When trying to open the C$ on the preferred server, the connection fails.
The target account name is incorrect.
This particular set of symptoms has been seen when the client device has broken its connection with the domain.
Because the cause of the error may vary, the not all resolutions may be applicable.
- Rejoin the device to the domain.
- This has been seen to correct the issue in a variety of situations.