LANDESK Security and Patch News
· (September 16, 2015) Microsoft has released KB2736878 to address the following issue: You connect a computer that is running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 to a network that uses IEEE 802.1X authentication. Additionally, assume that you set up the connection by using a device that supports the 802.1X authentication protocol (for example, an 802.1X-capable switch). When you start the computer, 802.1X authentication fails intermittently.
Microsoft does not provide the official download URL for KB2736878, so please follow below steps to download the patch manually.
Steps to download the patch:
1. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2736878;
2. Click the "Hotfix Download Available" link to "Agreement for Microsoft Services" page;
3. Check "I Accept" button;
4. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
5. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URLs and the passwords for unzipping the zipped patches;
6. Download the zipped patches;
7. Unzip these files with the passwords in the above email and put them into the folder that you store the patches.
Please visit the following page for more details: https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2736878
· Vulnerability ID – 2736878_MSU_Manual
· Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2015 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.