Data Analytics Executive Reports Do Not Save: Error "Could Not Save The Report"

Version 3

Verified Product Versions

LANDESK Management Suite 9.5LANDESK Management Suite 9.6LANDESK Management Suite 2016.x

Symptom

When you attempt to save a report after it has run, you get the error "Could Not Save Report. Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized..Check rights for the remote/report/files directory. Also, you may need to run SCHEDREP.EXE /I to rewrite login information."

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/62896/ScanServer.png

The problem stems from the user rights of the authenticated user in SCHEDREP configuration.

Resolution

1. Run the SchedRep.exe utility with the "/I" switch from an administrator elevated command line:

2. The Enter Login Information window will open. Change the user to a Domain Admin account. (If the account used does not have full administrative rights the reports will not save properly)

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/62897/ScanServer.png

*Note* The login window does not check or warn you if you enter incorrect information. You will want to make sure that the account you are entering there has the correct password and all the information is correct.

3. Once that information is updated, select OK and run an IIS Reset (How do I run an IIS reset?) from the command line.

4. Rerun the reports causing the problems with the 401 error and try to save them.