You may want to configure CETerm so as to start a session and connect to the configured host automatically.
In Windows CE, you can launch any application when the mobile computer boots by placing a shortcut for the application in the \Windows\Startup folder. To launch CETerm automatically when your device boots, place its shortcut in the \Windows\Startup folder.
To configure CETerm so it automatically connects a session to the configured host, follow these steps.
- From the application menu, select [Session][Configure] to open the configuration dialog.
- Select the Connection tab. You should have the Host Type, Host Address and Telnet Port correctly set to connect to your backend host application.
- Select the [Advanced] button.
- Check the "Auto Connect" checkbox. This will cause this session to automatically attempt a connection when the application starts.
- If you have multiple sessions that you would like to automatically connect when CETerm starts, enable this "Auto Connect" setting for each of those sessions.
You can also associate a login script to be automatically run upon a successful host connection. Revice the Scripting section for a sample auto-login script.