LANDESK Security and Patch News
· (October 15, 2015) Microsoft has released KB2457836 an update for Windows Vista/Windows 7 . Consider the following scenario:1,You have a computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7.
2,You run an application that calls the OleCreateFromFile() function to create an embedded object from the contents of a named file on the computer.
In this scenario, the call operation may fail and return the "0x800706f7" error code.
Microsoft does not provide the official download URL for KB2457836, so please follow the steps below to download the patch manually.
Steps to download the patch:
1. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2457836;
2. Click the "Hotfix Download Available" link to "Agreement for Microsoft Services" page;
3. Check "I Accept" button;
4. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
5. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URLs and the passwords for unzipping the zipped patches;
6. Download the zipped patches;
7. Unzip these files with the passwords in the above email and put them into the folder that you store the patches.
Please visit the following page for more details: https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2457836
· Vulnerability ID – 2457836_MSU_Manual
· Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2015 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.