PREGDMP - Remote registry dump tool
The PREGDMP tool (Attached) can be used to dump the registry of a device connected via ActiveSync. This is helpful when troubleshooting, copying configuration, and other activities.
Follow these steps to install and run:
- Unzip the executable on your desktop PC.
- ActiveSync your device with your desktop PC.
- Double-click on the pregdmp.exe file.
- The registry dump may take several minutes.
- The dump file is created in the same location as pregdmp.exe
Note: Each time PREGDMP is run, it will create the next available file in the sequence "regdump0.txt" to "regdump512.txt". If all these files exist, pregdmp will fail to run. In this case, delete the existing regdumpXXX.txt files and re-run pregdmp.