LANDESK Security and Patch News
· (October 23, 2015) Microsoft has released KB2964643 which addresses an issue where a third-party VPN client stops Internet connectivity in Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Consider the following scenario:
You have a computer that is running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
You have a third-party VPN solution deployed.
You connect your computer to the VPN server.
In this scenario, the network state for the VPN adapter is "No Internet Access." Additionally, some applications may not work properly.
For example, when you press F1 to open Help in Microsoft Office 2013 on the computer, you receive an error message that states the computer is not connected to the Internet, and the Help window is not displayed.
This issue occurs because of a code error in the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI). In this situation, an incorrect connection status is reported. This issue also affects applications that read the network connection status through NCSI.
Microsoft does not provide the official download URL for KB2964643, so please follow the steps below to download the patch manually.
Steps to download the patch:
1. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2964643;
2. Click the "Hotfix Download Available" link to "Agreement for Microsoft Services" page;
3. Check "I Accept" button;
4. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
5. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URLs and the passwords for unzipping the zipped patches;
6. Download the zipped patches;
7. Unzip these files with the passwords in the above email and put them into the folder that you store the patches
Please visit the following page for more details: https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2964643
· Vulnerability ID – 2964643_MSU_Manual
· Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
LANDESK Product Support
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDESK disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDESK has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.LANDESK.com.