Environment: Studio COM v3.8.004, Windows Server 2012 (possibly effects most Windows Servers).
Problem: When Studio Administrator is launched they are receiving an error with the “WavelinkPM.exe”.
Cause: Permission rights of the Server the Studio Program is on.
Solution/ Workaround: On the Windows Server change the DEP (Data Execution Protection) settings to allow the WavelinkPM.exe program.
Here are the steps to change the DEP settings.
2. Under Performance, click Settings.
3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
4. To turn off DEP for an individual program, select the check box next to the program that you want to turn off DEP for, and then click OK.If the program is not in the list, click Add. Browse to the Program Files folder, find the executable file for the program (it will have an .exe file name extension), and then click Open.
5. Click OK, click OK in the System Properties dialog box if it appears, and then click OK again. You might need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- To turn on DEP for a program, clear the check box next to the program that you want to turn on DEP for, and then click
This will allow the Program through the Windows Server permissions.