This article is meant only for testing the latest bits for Endpoint Security (EPS) on one or a limited number of clients to ensure compatibility or to test if a fix will work.
The correct procedure for installing an entire Service Update can be found here.
Manually updating a single client or a small number of clients for testing purposes
Sometimes it may be preferable to update a single client or a small number of clients to test a new Service Update prior to updating the core. The following describes how to do this:
- Extract the Service Update to the desired directory. The default directory is to C:\landesk_patches
- Go to the landesk_patches directory and then to the directory created for the extracted Service Update
- Extract the main .ZIP file (not the -client.zip file).
- Navigate to the Updates -> 1 -> Image folder in the newly created unzipped directory.
- Make a backup of the existing files in the LDCLIENT\HIPS folder on the client. (Endpoint Security will need to be stopped first).
- Copy all of the files from the UPDATES\1\IMAGE folder from the patch into the LDCLIENT\HIPS folder on the client.
- Run HIPSClientConfig.exe on the client. Wait 10 seconds and then reboot the computer (This will install the new driver).
- Test the issue or expected functionality change.